Celebrating 130 Years
Virtute et Veritate
During 2023 the school community will celebrate the 130th year of Walford Anglican School for Girls. Walford’s rich history is unique and the anniversary is an opportunity to share the stories of the past as well as the inspiring achievements of Walford students over 130 years.
A calendar of events has been prepared by the Walford 130 Committee, comprised of talented volunteers representing the past and present parent community, staff and Old Scholars and chaired by the Deputy Principal, Mandy Hore. The 130 program will be a highlight of the year and will become a treasured memory for the students and strengthen the connection with the wider school community.
Some dates of key events are listed below:
- Thursday 2 February – Walford 130 Year Birthday Assembly and presentation of 130 badge.
- Wednesday 15 February – Welcome to the new school year hosted by the PTA
- Friday 3 March – International Women’s Day celebration with the Walford Old Scholars
- Saturday 18 March – SA Schools’ Head of the River regatta
- Friday 24 March – 130 Year PTA Picnic hosted by PTA
- Friday 12 May – PTA Mother’s Day Breakfast
- Thursday 25 May – A special 130 year event – An Evening with the Governor
- Tuesday 6 to 9 June – Combined St Peter’s College / Walford Musical
- Friday 1 September – PTA Father’s Day Breakfast
- Wednesday 20 September – Walford Cabaret
- Friday 27 October – Year 12 Graduation/Dinner
- Saturday 28 October – 130 Year Grand Gala Dinner at Adelaide Oval
- Thursday 7 December – Walford Service of Lessons and Carols at St Peter’s Cathedral
- Friday 8 December – last day of school for students