Festival of Ideas
Entrepreneurship, Advocacy and Communication
Our annual Festival of Ideas is the forum in which our students can contribute their ideas and suggestions for school improvement or community impact, developing their entrepreneurial, advocacy and communication skills along the way. Independently, or in small groups, students are invited to pitch their plan, Shark Tank-style, to the whole school in a forum that sees the best and most influential ideas progressed to the implementation phase. Many inspiring projects have been successfully launched at Walford as a result of the Festival of Ideas and we know that there are many more to come!
Many inspiring projects have been successfully launched at Walford as a result of the Festival of Ideas. Recent projects include:
- The introduction of roller bags
- A student-maintained veggie garden
- A student advisory panel to co-design wellbeing approaches
- The introduction of a Year 12 Retreat
- Improved recycling systems and processes across the School
- The introduction of new leadership roles including Sports Ambassadors
- New cultural learning and immersion tours including to Aboriginal private lands
and we know that there are many more to come!